Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

I moved mine from 3 hours to 6 to help with the load.

Mainly News ones - For example 'NBC News' 9400 - Or ET Live 9392

I'll check now if this can help fixing setting up PASSES for recording :wink:

@tmm1 and @maddox -- I think there's a little bug in the current pre-release server. I don't think it's my links or site.

I can set both PlutoTV and Stirr to update the EPG every hour, but the server is only actually calling the EPG links for one EPG or the other -- it's as if there's only one wake timer being set, and it's either PlutoTV or Stirr, but not both (unless a manual update is forced).

For instance, I had both set to update every hour. Last night I noticed that Pluto hadn't updated for several hours, so I did a forced update, then it started updating every hour, but then Stirr stopped updating. I got up this morning - Pluto updated every hour, but not Stirr. So I forced a Stirr EPG update, and Stirr updated once, but it's still only updating PlutoTV.

The Channels log reflects this, there is no "Fetched guide data for XMLTV-Stirr in 0s" entry between 9:24pm yesterday and 7:10am today, while there are log entries for PlutoTV.

I installed the non-pre-release server on a different computer to test the three-hour update, but that's going to take all day to test.

3 Likes

Yep, confirmed. Great find!

4 Likes

FYI I have uploaded v1.2.8 of pluto-for-channels which now correctly tags live airings and will allow the DVR to record news programs off pluto with a Series Pass.

2 Likes

Great! I spent a lot of time trying to make sure it wasn't anything on my end. I think a few other people were having issues with the EPG updating hourly.

And thanks again, will update the backend now. :+1:

1 Like

Gremlin caught! And @tmm1 is already on the case!

:grin:

1 Like

Oh, this explains so much! I have Pluto, Stirr, and Samsung TV+ Dockers and the Samsung one seems to run out of guide data quite often, but not often enough that I could figure out a pattern. I saw your note above that the Samsung Docker just basically makes a copy of i.mjh.nz, so just figured whatever they were doing was falling behind, yet it always fixed when I did a manual pull.

Thanks for making me a little less insane today!

1 Like

Testing the new release from Github :wink: Hopefully PASSes are working now ...

pulled that update now all i get is a welcome screen:

Welcome to nginx!

If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx.

1 Like

I just tried and it all worked - Weird ... Maybe redo from scratch

removed it.
reloaded it .. same thing: Welcome to nginx!

and again --Damn ,third times a charm? It worked

1 Like

The nginx screen appears while the docker container is still booting. You need to wait 15s for it to finish processing the pluto data the first time.

2 Likes

Just FYI it was running all morning and STIRR at the time successfully. Go figure

1 Like

@CScott I am interested in your Channel Collections. Do you mind sharing the contents of them?

1 Like

I just updated the Pluto for Docker to v1.2.8 and I noticed that my Pluto channel numbers have changed to a range of 50 - 1035. They were all in the 9000 and up range.

Is this correct? or is something wrong.

Thanks,

1 Like

You can change your DVR to ignore numbers from M3U