Non-Docker source for PlutoTV and Stirr m3u playlists and EPG

Sorry folks... moved servers today and had a glitch.

It should be corrected now (you'll have to reload both m3u and epg).

Please let me know if you don't get current info.

sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Just tried reloading both, but still not getting any epg info. I can watch the channels though. Thanks for the hosting.

It does appear to be working for me. These links is returning EPG data:
https://nocords.xyz/pluto/epg.xml
https://nocords.xyz/stirr/epg.xml

Anyone else?

Yep, the Pluto one is the one I'm using, but still no epg data. I've updated the pre-release server, still no go. I've also tried shutting down the server completely (after the update) and restarting it, but still no data.

Also, I can see the info in a browser, but it's not importing into Channels. I've tried it on different PC's so clearing cookies on a single PC won't help.

(post removed -- problem solved below).

thanks.

Thank you sir, that is working.

Didn't check but sounds like content type header issue

Most definitely. The old site is sending this header:
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=epg.xml

And the new site is not. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what's different between the two servers (Both pretty generic LAMP instances).

1 Like

Ok, problem solved. You can now go back to the "nocords.xyz" links if you had changed to 'nocord.xyz' links which will stop working soon.

Sorry for the slight inconvenience. I had just overlooked one thing from the old server.

3 Likes

WAS IT
"name": "content-type","value": "text/plain;charset=UTF-8"
VERSUS
"name": "content-type","value": "text/html; charset=UTF-8"

No. On the old server I had symbolic links going to a small PHP program that added the proper
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=epg.xml
headers before downloading. When I moved the files to the new server, the sym links didn't transfer so I re-created them the wrong way (no PHP script to add headers). So the data was correct, just no proper headers were being added to the download.

2 Likes

FYI, data stopped again and changing to nocord.xyz does not pull anything either.

Yeah I noticed this too, I still get the channel feed and if I download the EPG, I can see it in a text editor but Channels returns the following for Pluto
Fetched guide data for XMLTV-Pluto in 0s

Ok I’m away for the morning… I’ll get it fixed by the early afternoon.

Is it just Pluto?

Edit: I turned off “nocord” as soon as I confirmed nocords was working last night

Yes my OTA guides for my tuners the the TVE for YouTube TV work for me here no issues.

So for me just Pluto

1 Like

I only use the Pluto link, so I can't speak for the others.

Ok, it seems to be working now, I'm not really sure what the issue is. Nothing on the caching end changed (the code and settings are all the same), so I think somehow a stale version of the EPG is getting stuck in a cache somewhere. I have it set both in the file headers and at Cloudflare to only cache for 30 minutes, so it should be refreshing about that quickly.

So try reloading the EPG in Channels settings, and if the guide data disappears again, I'll continue to dig deeper.

Working again! Thanks again too!

Please keep an eye on it and LMK if it stops again. Thanks.

Will do.