Not Authorized

Hi new guy here please excuse me for not knowing the correct. Terminology for describing my issue.This is all new to me i just recently cut the cord and my buddy usually helps me. I opened the Channels guide with my apple tv this message pop's up.thumbnail I'm running the latest version 2019.08.26.2150 channels is on windows 10 pc not really sure what else I can post to be helpful. Any help would be really appreciated if there's any additional information needed let me know.

Open the DVR web UI on your PC and click the Log tab which should show the full error message.

It sounds like your Cablevision login changed maybe?

I’m getting a error message as well. It says: “403 Forbidden: Access to the Request” was working find yesterday.

Yeah, I’m seeing that on Food Network right now. CNN and HGTV are fine (that’s all I’ve checked).

1 Like

I tried it on individual sites and it works so that's not it. I also rescanned for channel update. My channels went from 148 to 42 now.

Sounds like you'll need to click the trash icon under Cablevision and then click gear icon and Add Source to re-add it.

Done that 4 times already

Email us the messages from the Log tab

Email sent

I updated my optimum password last night forgot to mention

Email sent with information requested still waiting for a response.

I responded to your email and you said you would get back to me later today?

I can't be the only one having this issue. Anyone in the community have any input on this please advise. If there's information needed internet provider etc let me know.

Hey I'm thinking out loud maybe the channels DVR. Is still using my old credentials.My expired password from optimum. So that's tied into my IP ADDRESS possible fix?

I’m having the same issues. I can’t get my channels due to the wrong spectrum account being used to so initial setup. Now I try the correct log in account and I get some channels but it sees like most channels are using the auto sign in token sso for my old account and thus showing I am not a subscriber. Any ideas on fix?

Did you delete and reinstall your TVE Spectrum device in the Channels DVR web UI to supply it with your new login credentials?

There is also a hack you can search for using curl command line that will update your TVE login username and/or password.

I'm sure you know that if it's not your account the providers are doing everything they can to prevent you from sharing someones account. If it is your own account it should work.

Oh wow I’ll search for that curl command. Yeah it’s my account. They both are. Moved recently and my comp still had it on for my previous account. Went from TWC spectrum to charter spectrum. Ty!