Not available in country errors

I love the TVE integration with Channels, it's been awesome. Great work!

I use Philo as my supplemental streaming service to my OTA stations, and the experience has been flawless until this morning. I can get the first 6 channels in the guide to play (6010, Comedy Central, through 6022, Paramount Network) but every channel after that gives a "Tuner not responding" error. I was not part of the internal beta for TVE so I'm not aware if there's a known solution for this, but the log shows:

2019/07/28 07:24:18 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Philo ch6104 HGTV: TVE: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: resource not available for country - CA
2019/07/28 07:50:49 [TNR] Opened connection to TVE-Philo for ch6022 PARAMOUNT [transcode=none]
2019/07/28 07:50:50 [TNR] Closed connection to TVE-Philo for ch6022 PARAMOUNT
2019/07/28 07:51:31 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Philo ch6085 SUNDANCE: TVE: SMIL error: GeoLocationBlocked

For what it's worth, the channels work fine through the normal Philo app on the Shield TV. My Channels DVR is running on my Synology NAS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I added an additional line from the log for HGTV. I should note, I live in the US, not Canada.

I use Philo as well. Just tried these channels and had no such issues (specifically tried the same channels listed in the log)... in the US as well. Not sure this helps, but just wanted to give you another data point.

Are you using a VPN/proxy or special DNS provider? Typically these things may make it appear you're in another country

1 Like

I don't think I was using a vpn at the time, but I went ahead and restarted my PC and NAS and the problem went away. If it happens again, I'll check if the vpn is active. Thanks!