Not getting any Sling TV channels

Hey Guys, is there a known issue with Sling TV in general, or their international packages? I added them as a source, the server found 65 channels, but all it is are the same channels from my Spectrum source. Why is it pulling Spectrum channels instead of actual Sling channels? Stremium didn't have any issues. I don't want to spend large subscription fees on Stremium, would rather use the storage space on my PC.

Can someone shed some light on this newbie? Are there known fixes that rookies like me don't know about? Really excited about Channels TVE DVR, then I'm starting to experience all the quirks. On top of this issue, favorites doesn't seem to be syncing across devices, Channels I've removed comes back, completely locks up my fire cube from time to time, etc. I guess this is why it's beta?

Stremium doesn't use TVE, it hijacks the Spectrum stream. What channels aren't you getting? Sling has very little TVE support.

My wife is studying Mandarin, so I always get the Mandarin package for her to watch, she says it helps. In any case, it's not a matter of which channels I'm not getting, it's about not getting any channels at all. I put in my Sling credentials correctly, and the server is pulling channels from Spectrum and listing them under Sling. The funny thing is the amount of channels is in the right ballpark too. The Sling package should have about 40 channels. Of these 65 the server pulled, 43 are good. The problem is these are the same channels I get under Spectrum. I have the same username email and password for Spectrum and Sling, so I thought is that the problem? So I changed my Sling password, and that didn't help. I can't change my Sling email though.

Just because it is in your Sling package does not mean it is available via TV Everywhere. Only the channels listed here are available, not any others:

1 Like

Thank you! Good to know. Just a newbie going through a learning curve. LOL! I guess what's confusing me is that I'm constantly comparing it to Stremium. I'm doing both. So whenever Stremium can pull the channels, I immediately think something is wrong with Channels. I gotta stop comparing the two.

Which brings me to this question... Is Stremium's tech better? Or are they doing something shady, and eventually I'm going to lose the channels over there anyways?

IIRC, Streamium is just Fitzy with a new name. Fitzy shut down after they had some legal issues, and they were always operating in a grey area. I guess you'll have to make the determination for yourself if you want to continue with it.