Not in Subscription

no we have had it for years...

I mentioned in the other thread discussing this that you simply need to call Xfinity and tell them you are having issues watching the xfinity stream app. Tell them it keeps saying “not in subscription”. They will “fix” it on their end. Nothing more you need to do.

O yea, I recall having to do that to after my folks changed CATV packages.
the online Stream access is a separate thing they have to enable in your account on thier end. It is different than StreamPix fyi.

yes it worked but i still cant login to the Channels system

it seems thats all they know about is the dang stream tv app...but they still havent been able to fix it

1 Like

Did you do this?

I have done it before but when I click that link now I don't have those options...it just says that Facebook Connect is no longer supported

1 Like

You have to be logged into the correct account for it to show up (the account which powers your home internet).

1 Like

I just logged in with the right account...I turned it off but i still get the same error. Does it take some time to register?

Had that issue once, then account update requests and password reset requests from them.
Best to wait 24 hrs, then remove and re-add the TVE source.
If that works but you have some missing channels, just rescan the channels individually.

Don't know if it's needed but everytime I have an issue I'll login to nbc.com/live using incognito or private mode in a browser on another computer on my LAN before adding the TVE source in Channels, then logout on that other computer when it's done scanning the TVE channels. Works for me everytime, others have different ways of doing it.

I just attempted to log in to nbc and it worked...I haven't been able to add it to channels to remove it. when I attempt to add it that is where I am getting the error. i have no problem waiting 24 hours i just need to know what to do then.

So after waiting 24 hrs, login to nbc.com/live on your home network from another pc (You may see some message from xfinity asking you to update/verify/reset something with your account, so after you do that...), THEN add the TVE source to Channels DVR and when it finishes scanning channels and is getting guide info, logout of nbc.com/live on your home network from that other pc. Works for me (so far).

Good Luck.

P.S. I'm sure the devs know what I mean by the bold letters where your provider takes your normal login off-track.

ok I will try that...I know when I attempt to log into nbc.com/live it initially doesn't work...it says that I dont have that channel...then if I refresh or try again it will login.

is it a problem that I already have verizon as a source for TVE in channels?

1 Like

I'll bump this with a "me too." It had been working fine with Channels DVR, but then the Xfinity subscription started giving me trouble, so I removed the TV Everywhere source and started to add it back. When I tried that it gave me the same "not in subscription" error. However, when signing into the website the account was able to play the streaming content there without issue.
I even went so far as to delete the service account in Xfinity and make a completely new one, but that has the same issue. As a test, I used a login from a family member's account (who is successfully using it on his own Channels DVR) and I got the same error.
I am running Channels DVR 2021.03.08.2010 with the following specs:

OS
VMware, Inc. VMware Virtual Platform
Linux Ubuntu
20.04 (kernel: 5.4.0-66-generic)

CPU
4 cores / Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
load averages: 0.15 0.64 0.74

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Turn off auto authentication on your internet account.

Thanks for the heads up. I did validate that it is turned off on my account.

UPDATE: I tried installing Channels DVR on a separate computer - this one was a macOS computer - and I had the same issue. I am suspecting that it is something at the Comcast level, but I have made sure that the auto-authentication was disabled. I may try to enable it again, then try to disable it and see if that works.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: I re-enabled and re-disabled the auto-authentication and still had the issue.

This issue happens when you have more than one comcast account. It usually get fixed when you turn off auto-authentication on the correct account which is automatically authenticating based on your IP.

RESOLVED: So I was finally able to fix it. The solution WAS related to auto-login, but it was more complicated than that.
The issue was that there were THREE accounts associated with my Xfinity account:

1. The actual account for the house
  2. The account from the place I recently moved from
  3. A "zombie" account created when I tried to transfer service and had to cancel the transfer

What I did not know is that there is an auto-login setting for EACH of these linked accounts. In my case, since I no longer needed them, I removed each of the linked account aside from the actual one I was using. Then I used the link mentioned previously https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success&tokenServiceStatus=success which displayed the status of the only remaining account which DID have auto-logon turned on. I disabled the auto-logon and then Channels DVR was able to sign in correctly. Hopefully this helps other people in the future.

2 Likes