Provider - Xfinity

Please use this thread to discuss experiences and channel availability for Xfinity cable.

Current Status: All subscribed TVE channels work except NFL Network and NFL Redzone.

Select your provider here Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability to see what channels might be available with Channels DVR TVE

Note: 2FA must be disabled on your account, or you can create a sub-account without billing access and use that with the DVR.

Note: Enter your username into the DVR and not your email address. If you login with email address, some channels will not work.

Note: If you have separate Xfinity logins for TV and Internet, you will need to login to your Internet account and then visit https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success&tokenServiceStatus=success to click the "Turn Off Auto Authentication" button:

6 Likes

Do you know why Bravo, USA and some other channels wouldn't be showing up on Xfinity?

1 Like

I have USA and Bravo all my channels show up Xfinity Oregon. I did a full rescan this morning since I saw they added that button to the TVE tuner..

Annotation%202019-07-25%20124700

121 Channels is what I've got also with Xfinity.

1 Like

I did some more digging and after clicking the "Edit" button on the channel listing I see that some of the channels are giving me an error message that says "anvato: Failed to retrieve content." I wonder if this is a temporary error or something that can be fixed.

Did you try hitting rescan next to those channels?

Yes, I rescanned the individual channel and the "Rescan all channels" button.

SWFL: 133 Channels

The channels failing for you are all authorized in my account.

Are those failing channels listed in your service tier, i.e., regular Xfinity account?

Yes, I receive those channels and I can stream them via other methods like the network's website, Xfinity's website, apps, etc.

I do not seem to be able to get NBATV MLBTV and NFLTV I can logon to XFINNITY and watch it on Google Chrome. One more NHL Network.

1 Like

I just set up Channels on a NAS as my main Windows PC that was running the server prior had its power supply fail. Since then, after adding TVE with my Xfinity credentials, I no longer get any of the NBC Sports RSNs. Did they lock them down from last week to now? Anyone else still getting NBC Sports Bay Area, Washington, Chicago, etc.?

Edit: the error listed is "notAuthorizedRSN"

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: I'm also in the Philadelphia market, so I should at least be getting NBCSN-PHILLYPLUS if we're going by region. Getting 122 channels total at the moment on a sub-account that has most all channels available.

Philadelphia

92 channels - many of the 178 total say "login not supported"

1 Like

Are you able to login and watch on http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/nbcs-philadelphia-plus ?

Yep! Stream works just fine on their page.

Looks like there's an Xfinity specific bug with the NBCSN regionals. I've fixed it in the latest build v2019.08.01.0131

Iā€™m away from home, but does that mean the NBCSN Philly main channel (not the plus) will work now?

No that channel is broken as previously discussed.

1 Like

Wow, that was quick! Philly Plus working again for me. Now the other ones say "notAuthorizedLocation" - it was fun while it lasted! :rofl: Thanks much!

1 Like

I am in the N. California Xfinity region. Without having to first add TVE as a source in Channels, is there any way for me to know what channels I would get through TVE that I don't already get through my CableCard?