Not in Subscription

This issue happens when you have more than one comcast account. It usually get fixed when you turn off auto-authentication on the correct account which is automatically authenticating based on your IP.

RESOLVED: So I was finally able to fix it. The solution WAS related to auto-login, but it was more complicated than that.
The issue was that there were THREE accounts associated with my Xfinity account:

1. The actual account for the house
  2. The account from the place I recently moved from
  3. A "zombie" account created when I tried to transfer service and had to cancel the transfer

What I did not know is that there is an auto-login setting for EACH of these linked accounts. In my case, since I no longer needed them, I removed each of the linked account aside from the actual one I was using. Then I used the link mentioned previously https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/userprofile?tokenServiceStatus=success&tokenServiceStatus=success which displayed the status of the only remaining account which DID have auto-logon turned on. I disabled the auto-logon and then Channels DVR was able to sign in correctly. Hopefully this helps other people in the future.

2 Likes

Had been using TV everywhere through Xfinty for over a month with zero issues. Had a couple channels disappear so thought if I deleted and re-added the source it might remedy the issue but now I can't even do that and am being told "Not in subscription". I am using the same login information as I had the first time I set up the source and can also confirm:

• Auto Authentication is turned off.
  • 2FA is turned off.
  • Streaming directly through apps using the xfinity credentials is fine.

Help?

Finally figured this out. I had my server at my house that I'm moving out of which happens to also have Xfinity service. My actual TV service was linked to another account at the house I'm moving to. I had to sign into where the internet service was linked to and disable the auto-sign in from there!

Last week all my channels failed and when I tried to re-add xfinity as a source I got the "not in subscription" error.

• I checked the master account and turned off auto-login with no change.
  • My secondary account is a viewer account with 2FA off.
  • My secondary account does have an email address and phone number attached.
  • Live TV works fine for me using secondary account in a browser on their site.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Login to Xfinity as the Primary account holder
Re-enable auto-login (if you have both TV and Internet w/Xfinity)
Remove the recovery email and phone from your secondary viewer role account (You don't need recovery methods for it since you can change all your users passwords when logged in as the Primary user)
Change the password on that secondary viewer role account
Update that password in Channels DVR
Update Channels DVR to the latest Pre-Release version (Do this as the last step because Channels DVR may start authenticating TVE channels when it restarts after a version update)

Thanks but no love. Turned autologin back on, deleted my secondary account and created a new one with no phone or email associated. I can login through browser using username and password and watch TV on Xfinity site, but continue to get "not in subscription" error when trying to add source to Channels. Toggling autologin on and off has no effect.

If you updated Pre-Release and running Support > Troubleshooting in the DVR web UI doesn't show any issues, I would submit diagnostics.

Watching on the Xfinity site isn't what Channels DVR does, try watching a network on their own site, like Watch the NBCUniversal Networks Live Stream - NBC.com or https://www.sciencechannel.com/watch/science

Thank you for the helpful info! I'm able to authenticate and access the NBC stream in my browser. Support-Troubleshooting identifies only one warning:

• TV Everywhere: Chrome is not supported on DSM 6

Here's my environment:

• DS1019+ running DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 7
  • Channels version 2023.12.24.0009

I'm accessing this on a Windows 11 machine with Chrome 120.0.6099.111. Not sure how Chrome/DSM/TVE are connected here and can't find any hits in search. Tried to add the source in Edge but same result. Submitting diagnostics.

The headless Chrome is included in the Channels DVR server for your Synology.
You need to backup Channels DVR server, uninstall the old Channels DVR Synology package, update your Synology to DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3, install the new Channels DVR Synology package Channels ā€” Channels DVR Server and restore the backup. Then update Channels DVR to the latest Pre-Release version.

Thanks for all the info. I am now on DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3 and Channels 2023.12.24.0009 (latest pre-release) and still getting the same error. Troubleshooting now comes out clean. I will resubmit diagnostics.

1 Like

@sfmike: It looks like you have auto-authentication turned on. You'll need to make sure that's turned off for your xfinity internet account for this to work.

I mentioned he should turn it on if he has both TV and Internet w/Xfinity. Has that changed?

If he's being told that no channels are in his subscription, it's clear that Something Else Is Going On. Maybe he has a separate account for the internet vs TV? But it's not giving him a login form and immediately telling him he doesn't have any channels, so something's up.

I ran into an issue yesterday where Xfinity (on login) asks you to add a recovery email and/or phone.
It wasn't immediately obvious, but there was a link above that saying something like Other options.
Choosing that lets you create a recovery question and answer. Then it completed the login.
Strange thing is, I already had recovery questions and answers, but it didn't display them.

I see why Xfinity is asking you to update your recovery Q&A's since their data breach may have included that info.
What Information Was Involved? On December 6, 2023, we concluded that the information included
usernames and hashed passwords. For some customers, other information was also included, such as
names, contact information, last four digits of social security numbers, dates of birth and/or secret
questions and answers. However, our data analysis is continuing, and we will provide additional notices as appropriate.

@eric I toggled autologin back off but same symptom as before. Resubmitting diagnostics.

It has to be off on the account that is being used for xfinity internet access

That was it! Like many of my errors seems obvious in retrospect. Many thanks to @chDVRuser and the team at Channels for the outstanding support.

Also @smeiff correctly identified my issue earlier - I just failed to properly interpret: "My actual TV service was linked to another account at the house I'm moving to. I had to sign into where the internet service was linked to and disable the auto-sign in from there!"