Not possible to jump ahead/fast forward in the last commercial segment

The commercial detection marked the last 9 minutes of a show as a commercial break.

Since the show was not over when this last commercial segment started, I tried to jump ahead/fast forward but nothing happened.
My wife and I had to sit through a couple of minutes of commercials so that we could see the end of the show.

This happened using a TiVo Stream 4K and also on my Android phone. Both have Channels Whole Home DVR Beta (1.9.2148).

I recorded a couple of short videos of my TV screen, if you want to see it in action.

I occasionally have issues in the last few minutes of recordings. Can't pause or skip in either direction and sometimes it will go back to the beginning of the recording or jump to a different recording in the same pass.

1 Like

I have the same/similar problem. The skip forward/back buttons are disabled when the "skip commercial" prompt is on the screen. Given that commercial detection is far from perfect I would advocate for enabling overriding this feature.

Depending on your streamer/remote, either the Menu or back button will make that “Skip Commercials” button go away. After that, you should be able to skip forward or back as needed.

I have auto skip turned on so there is no "Skip Commercials" to get rid of. When it happens it seems to be in the end of the recording marked as commercial that plays after the last marked show segment.

I have this happen quite often as well. No rhyme or reason. Sometimes the skip just doesn't work. It is definitely frustrating but not the end of the world.

1 Like

Sorry - misunderstood the situation.

What Happens if the Last marked commercial is not really a commercial but the ending of the Show and watching the show abruptly ends. I remember the developers saying that is why they do not auto skip the end if it is marked as a commercial.

Thank you, @Edwin_Perez, I didn't find your original topic.

It makes sense for auto skip but, in this case, still give the option for the user to jump ahead/fast forward manually. That's the manual jump ahead that didn't work for me.

Until recently, I was using Channels DVR as a recorder only but now I'm really trying to use the client to watch directly from Channels.
The other day, while using the Channels DVR app on TV, my wife said: "I'm really starting to like it." :smiley:

Even though this problem is just an annoyance and not a blocking issue, it's something like this little usability improvement that can greatly improve the spouse/partner approval factor. :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.