Nvidia Shield - Continues playing audio when switching app

Server: Asustor Nas 2022.09.23.0124
Client: Nvidia shield Beta Version 9.23.1437

When I am watching Channels DVR virtual channels (Have not tested with live tv). And I go to main menu and launch another app (Netflix). Channels DVR continues to play the audio. I then have to double-tap the "O" button on remote to pull up all open apps and manually close Channels DVR.

Ongoing issue I have is Channels failing to upload diagnostics.

I will manualy download my logfiles and send them to you. Has this been working in past when I email them.

Diagnostics submission failed: Put "https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/diagnostics.channelsdvr.cloud/92681ad7-ea25-428c-906c-6c57f0bbc1f1/dvr.files?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIA5BWMCXPFMBVC3OPV%2F20220927%2Fus-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220927T233705Z&X-Amz-Expires=900&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=content-encoding%3Bcontent-type%3Bhost&X-Amz-Signature=e73eaa5e5fa10b69cd5331d9c2178af30203a8037656c0f04db3e1d72823c12a": context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

I've noticed that with YouTube TV since moving to Android TV 9.x, so I don't think it's a Channels thing. When it happens, I have to go back to YouTube TV, go back to Live TV, hit "stop" and make sure that it's stopped before switching to another app. I've just gotten into the habit of explicitly hitting "stop" before exiting to the main menu.

I've only seen this with YouTube TV, but it's also the only app that I leave playing when I exit to the home screen. I'm not surprised that it happens to others as well.

I never upgraded to Android 9 on shield. I am still running Android Shield SW Version 8.2.3

I also tested starting netfix, hulu, AP playing gideo and switching apps. Issue does not happen.

It only plays ChannelsDVR audio when other apps are open. Does not play ChannelsDVR audio on home screen.

1 Like

@maddox

Any update. this is a issues that started about a week before my post. Did not used to do this.

I do not notice any other apps doing this. Netflix, hulu, plex do not continue playing audio when I switch apps. Only channels.