Occasional weirdness with custom m3u playback

sometimes when viewing a channel that is my own custom m3u from my own media, the app will stop playback as if it's buffering and the only way to get it to move forward is to exit the stream and restart it. if I sit there on the stream while it's "buffering," the little purple bar fills ahead of where it's stuck and trying to exit tells me I'm behind the guide, but there's no way to get to that extra buffer without closing the stream and starting a new one.

has anyone else seen this? is there a way to fix it?

Any errors in the DVR log when this happens? Would probably be good to submit diagnostics from the DVR web ui as well as the client right after the issue occurs.

1 Like

to be honest i don't think there was, but it has been a while since i checked. next time this happens i'll see if there's anything there...

just happened again...nothing in the logs. just shows that it had opened the connection to my channel, and that was the last message in the log. nothing in the logs when i close and re-open either, other than the expected closed connection and opened connection messages.

Ok I would recommend submitting diagnostics from client and DVR server, hopefully the Devs will be able to see something in them.

just happened again, but slightly different this time. video froze, but the audio kept going.

i'll submit logs now and see if they can figure out what's going on.

1 Like