Odd situation related to custom channel

I have added a few free channels from GitHub free sources along with Plex and Pluto. Most everything is working as expected. I have a Shield Pro as server, and playing content via same Sheild Pro.

A few custom channels will just spin and show an image of the channel but not play. The only way to get it to play was to switch the local stream quality from “Original” to anything else, even 8Mbps would show the channel normally not just the one image. I just figured channels was direct playing these and not doing some transcoding? What am I missing. I tested this multiple times to the point it wasn’t a fluke. Is the shield not powerful enough for playing this at full resolution, is there something else going on that changing the local network speed from Original to anything less fixes the issues. I think the channel is likely 720p or similar. Not a 4K channel. I can do more testing with VLC to see resolution and bitrate and all that wild stuff tomorrow. Any info is appreciated since maybe I am misunderstanding how Channels works. Oh, these few channels works via VLC, but not Channels unless lowered quality setting is selected. Thanks

Try changing decoder under playback advanced

Hi, thank you for that suggestion. I tried all three options as one of the first steps. It did not fix it. Only fix was lowering from “Original” to “8Mbps”. I am going to do more testing tonight when I have time. I have a spare PC too that I may fiddle with and compare and contrast with the Shield as server since PC has a lot more power, to see if that addresses some of these odd channels. More details to follow. Thanks again.