Offline guide data

In the past few months, we’ve had prolonged internet outages (4-5 hours). No streaming services, but thankfully I have channels app, unfortunately I have no idea what’s on tv.

It would be great if the app could download and save a couple of days worth of guide data in an internal database, maybe it refreshes periodically.

Channels DVR gives you access to extended guide data which is cached for 14 days into your local dvr server

where is the guide data located?, and what I read, it is in json format, how can I use that guide data file?, like say tivimate .xml file format?

thanks

From what I can tell, guide data for the DVR server is stored in a Bolt DB. Channels' client apps query the server and receive the data back in JSON.

It is curious then that when I lose Internet I almost instantly lose the guide. Most recently we had a planned outage as the cable company was moving the service feed to a new pole. I couldn’t work from home without internet so I wanted to watch TV. The internet had been off less than an hour and we lost all guide data. DVR and recordings all still worked.
Next time this happens what can I do to collect troubleshooting info ?

Devs can correct me if I’m wrong but I would think you would want to submit diagnostics from the DVR web interface.