Old issue showing up again

@eric Just submitted another log for this and I'm uploading a video to youtube now, I'll edit the post to include it later.

After watching the first half of Monday night football I clicked back once, that seemed ok, clicked back again and it jumped back at least 30mins (this is when I started recording). Paused and moved back to live and the video doesn't play, press back and it starts to play again, press back again and it jumps back at least 30 mins, press FORWARD and it jumps BACK another 20-30mins.

Hopefully the video along with the log helps. I still haven't seen this behavior if live is less than 1hr.

@eric Submitted another log and have another video uploading. The behavior this time is completely different as you will see, it keep jumping back to live when I click back or try to pause and move back.

We think we've identified the series of events that is causing this to happen.

Do you know if someone else was watching this channel from your house on another device when you started watching?

Yes I'm pretty sure there was last night, but the first time this happened (before I started testing on the beta app) I'm almost positive that was the only stream going on.

The reason I say that is because the first time I submitted diagnostics it was under user dcleslie. That weekend is when I first noticed it and I was at my parents house while they were out of town, there wouldn't have been any other streams ongoing from that DVR.

Huh. We really can't come up with any explanation for how you're getting into the state that you're in other than multiple remote devices coming from the same public IP watching the same channel at the same time.

I've spent the past week trying to get into the state you're in on my devices and haven't been able to do it.

We're still discussing how best to tackle all of the different bugs that you're running into. We believe this is happening due to multiple different issues that only end up causing problems when they are hit at the same time.