On Now Removal

Everyone in my family agrees, the “On Now” option in the menu needs to be removable in settings. It would be fine if it was a client side only settings option.

Thanks,
jochs

3 Likes

Agreed. Not a hindrance, just not used.

1 Like

Yes, removing the On Now would allow for another, more relevant menu selection to be added.

It is redundant is the main thing because you can see what is “On Now” in Guide. Can has a toggle to add/remove in settings?

kthx

I agree having options to disable both “On Now” or “Guide” as an option, or have them both present as it currently works, would keep everybody happy.

StephenH

2 Likes

That would work for me since I don’t use the guide very often, just On Now.

bump

There are no plans to remove On Now. Some people prefer On Now, others prefer the Guide. Both options are available, and we already remember which one you’re used last to make sure the app starts on that tab by default.

Also FYI certain functions are only available via the On Now tab, for instance re-ordering of Favorite channels.

2 Likes

I’ve converted this thread into a feature request. If you feel strongly about this, you can vote for it at the top.

I don’t think it should be removed as such.

What I’d like to see is that both On Now and Guide had Show On or Off options in Settings, that way everyone can choose?

StephenH

On Now is one of my favorite Channels features. It is SO much easier to get a quick view of what shows are on versus trying to scroll and read an antiquated text guide.

I like both “On Now” and “Guide”, and I like the App remembers your last visited tab. Please keep it. If there are a lot of people want to remove, maybe make it as an option to remove. I think most folks like On Now tab.

My family regularly uses both “On Now” and “Guide”. “On Now” is the go-to when you sit down and don’t know what is on or what you are want to watch. “Guide” is the way to go when you are looking ahead for what is on tonight or you are scheduling a recording for the future. Really easy to bounce back and forth so having both available is a nice feature.

1 Like

The answer is further up in the thread: