“On Now” show/movie art vs default logo

I have multiple sources set up on my DVR server such as OTA, TVE, dockers (Pluto and ESPN+) and Virtual Channels. When I open Channels to the “On Now” section most channels provide show/movie art but channels sourced from OTA(HDHR) and Virtual Channels provide only the default channel logo inside the Channels TV box.
First, is that normal?
Second, if not what can I do to fix it?

Ok I’m bumping this because it still bugs me. Here are the three ways I see the “On Now” section: Web UI, iOS and ATV. On all three devices my “On Now” art shows up for some of my sources. On Web UI artwork for shows/movies show up for all of my sources. On iOS everything but OTA and Virtual Channels has artwork. Finally on ATV everything but Virtual Channels shows up.

I imagine this would be a bug with channels considering it works the way it should in a browser but not on iOS and ATV.

Do you have any sources disabled on the client?

From your screenshots, it appears you may be using Channel Collections with the list hidden. Guide data disabled sources is ignored.

When the Channel Collection shows a channel that is part of an ignored source, it will show it, but it won’t have any guide data for it.

Please submit diagnostics from the clients having trouble and let us know when you have.

I am using channel collections but none of the sources are hidden. The screenshots included all have active channels from active sources that work when selected and show artwork correctly on the web UI.

Diagnostics sent from ATV, iOS and the server.
739090e6-3aec-4921-86f6-d64ebbefae59

Thanks for the response.

My on now section is still behaving as described but I recently dusted off an ATV HD to use and when Channels loaded the On Now section displayed as it should which makes me think the issue may be specific to only certain clients. In my case the browser and ATV HD work as expected while the iOS app and ATV 4K have missing art work for varying sources.

Can you try the latest testflight beta app?

Just updated, unfortunately no change, the ATV 4k shows the default logo for my virtual channels instead of artwork of the content playing. Streamlink channels act as expected as does every other source I have enabled.

Maybe you enabled Logos only option under Manage Sources for the Virtual Channels source?

That's it thanks!

3 Likes