Any way to determine why?
All the log says is Job ended prematurely
Debug recording log is 79.4 MB (12.5 MB zipped) containing 394,951 lines

2023/03/28 15:00:00.001850 [DVR] Starting job 1680040800-121
2023/03/28 15:02:34.500365 [DVR] Job 1680040800-121 ended prematurely
2023/03/28 15:57:13.045924 [DVR] Job 1680040800-121 ended prematurely
2023/03/28 16:00:31.061605 [DVR] Finished job 1680040800-121

Logs have been submitted as d56f3634-a979-4d21-ae6c-333b157868ea

Appears that maybe Channels DVR recorded it all. There are two places where the interruptions occurred that repeat. Like you skipped back and started playing again.
Will have to look closer with my video editor.

2 Likes

I got the same problem in one recording last week.
At the time, I figured that it was probably due to a hiccup in my network and didn't think much of it.

In my case, I remember that the interruption was very short, within 1 second, and that did cause a small jump in the video.
It was not an important recording and I ended up deleting it.

Now that you mention it too, maybe there is more to it.
I didn't keep anything from it so I can't provide any additional data, unfortunately.

If it happens again, I will keep it in case that could help with the investigation.

Usually when I keep things like this thinking the developers will ask for it, they don't. I'll keep the recording until this weekend and have a zipped copy of the debug recording log off to the side if they want it.

What's nice is even with two interruptions, it looks like it somehow got the full hour. Will have to dissect it later with my video editor to be sure.

1 Like

I have also had something similar. It could also be your recording source. I use a HRHomeRun with an OTA.

2 Likes

For me, it was a TVE stream: channel 6090.

You can search the debug log for "err="

No lines contain err=
In fact, no lines contain err
On Windows used Notepad++, commandline find and findstr to search

It did record the full hour.

At both points where the interruptions occurred (as pinpointed by the log entries [MTS] Statistics highest_pts=), 15 seconds of the content repeated itself.

I would still like to know why the recording was interrupted.

Any other suggestions?

Email the debug log to support?

Thanks. Sent an email to support with the zipped debug recording log attached.
I copied the subject from a previous email, so it has the wrong topic number 18118.
Subject: File requested in Forum Topic 18118 (debug recording log)

Haven't heard back on this yet, so I'm just guessing at what happened.
I noticed if I view the source live stream (youtube) it appears to have a large buffer on their server.
I can seek/skip back in time while playing.
So I assume when Channels DVR saw the stream was interrupted (would still like to know why), it seeked back in the playlist and resumed from there?

I emailed the debug recording log to support two weeks ago.
Were you able to determine the cause of the disconnects from it and the diagnostics I submitted?

No it doesn't have any more details

OK. Thanks for taking a look and replying.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.