Option to hide the guide filters (all channels, HD channels, etc)?

Could there be an option to hide these on the guide view? We don't use those filters and often accidentally swipe over there and pick one, losing where we were in the guide.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 2.55.21 PM

I so wish this was a UI option for Android devices. The Apple remote is to complicated for my grandparents, but they struggle with the drop down menu that is not very obvious with the android UI.

1 Like

And I have zero content in the "SD Channels" section so I wish I could remove it.

I have to agree that's a wate of screen real-estate.
Reminds me of when TiVo did that in My Shows, annoying.
At least make it hideable, like TiVo did.

1 Like

I too find this incredibly annoying and wish they could be hidden!

1 Like

We use the One for All Streamer remote for our Apple TVs and it greatly simplifies things. We have a dedicated button for Last Channel and Guide. It works quite well.

I like this idea. I think together with their re-imagined Favorites work they said is this year, it would be great. I am thinking the ability to setup multiple named Favorites lists with custom labels, and then choosing what is on this drop down menu.

1 Like

I believe the Devs have stated they are planning to overhaul this area in the future.

1 Like

How did you do this with IR on the Apple TV?

Oh yes, this would be amazing. I have my favourites and that's all I need. This would make navigation on the guide quite a bit more pleasant.

1 Like

I set up my Sony TV remote for those functions and then recorded those keys to One for All remote. I used red power for Guide and * for Live. Works great.

Oh yeah so you’re using CEC :+1: awesome.