Option to move recording

On the ATV to have an option to move a recording to permanent location in library.

What does that mean? They’re always in a permanent location.

Are you asking to be able to move Channels DVR recordings to a separate folder where you store your local content?

Yes I do that manually now

Is there a reason for that?

I obviously can't answer for @Charlyc but I think I understand where he is coming from. In my mind, my local storage is my permanent stuff, while the default DVR storage is temporary because I delete recordings after I watch them. I know technically there is no difference. Storage is storage. But it is a way to compartmentalize types of files. Just my 2 cents!

This isn't anything we would implement as we don't think of the library that way. It's all your library. There's just lots of ways to get content into it. If you want to move it like this, then you'll want to manually move the file, delete it from the library, and then run a imports scan. But as far as Channels is concerned, you haven't done anything but move the file.

One other thing to note - My backup strategy for my local "permanent" stuff is different from my DVR recordings, which aren't quite as important to me.

But I hear what you're saying. I agree that it is not worth the time and effort to create a UI feature that would allow you to move files; I'm just trying to help provide user perspective. :slight_smile:

You are correct that is my intension I do keep permanent video on different directiries and that's what I meant. I would also like not seeing permanent recording in recoding view on the Apple TV just gets to messy for me so I move anything that I keep to a different directory where I have my imports. Just a thought.
Trying to keep my collections separate from daily recording.