OTA Activity showing with Tuner Sharing Off

Client: FTV stick (latest)
Server: Rpi 4 (channels image)
HDHR Extend

I noticed today that OTA activity was showing on the web ui when tuner sharing is turned off. I was under the impression that no OTA activity would show if tuner sharing was disabled. I checked Global and Client settings and no tuner sharing is active. Just curious as to what is occurring.

Please submit diagnostics from the Fire TV app.

Done

589f0d12-6df0-46cb-8750-d886dfdeca32

@eric
After sending report, I changed the Extend to a Quattro and the activity is no longer showing. Looks like the Extend could have been the problem. I’ll keep monitoring and report back it it returns.
Alan

IIRC, the Extend does not support HTTP streaming, only UDP/RTP via libhdhomerun. If that is indeed the case, then that might explain the difference; I believe legacy tuners need the server to handle tuning.

That is probably the case since I had transcode set to none. If my understanding is correct, I could have set it to transcode and it would have bypassed the server. I’ve had a Quattro ready to replace it so it just pushed me into swapping today!
Everything is fine now.

This is very confusing. I see that you do have Tuner Sharing off in the settings on the client. It does seem that it did try to connect to the DVR even though it does show a connection directly to the tuner in the diagnostics.

The client and the DVR have the some code to tune into the HDHR, so clients are able to directly stream to legacy devices without the assistance of the DVR.

That setting shouldn't matter — we should handle both cases.

It looks like @jagrim did everything right and it should have been streaming directly, so there's something funny going on. If you run into a situation like this again, please report it here and submit diagnostics from the app right after it happened and maybe we'll see something new in the logs we didn't catch this time.

It's pretty easy to put the Extend back in and try and recreate the issue. If it occurs, would it be good to send both a client log and one from the web ui?
I won’t be able to do before Thursday or Friday but if it’s beneficial, I don’t mind doing it.

On a side note; the primary user is a 92 year young person who has been using TiVo with & without a cable card or tuning adapter (25 yrs). Started her with a TiVo Stream 4K which worked until they messed with the remapper button and so just switched her to the fire stick. She's feels real comfortable and has no issues moving around inside the Channels App. Channels Collections has been perfect for her as she has a her guide for only the few channels she watches.

The client is good enough. That automatically triggers diagnostics from the DVR at the same time.

Love it!