Ota ktla bit rate?

I am recording an OTA Show and would like to know what the bit rate is. I.E. 720p or 1080i etc. Is there any place I can see that from the record file. And/or with the Channels Live TV App to see what it is? My TV seems to only show 2160 (4K TV) from the Apple TV 4K. Maybe up converting.

In the web UI you can click View Details on an episode

Your TV isn't smart enough to be able to sniff out what's actually arriving over what it thinks is a 2160p signal (the output you've set on your ATV), so you can look at the recorded file's details (described above or with 'MediaInfo') or you can view the quality/bit rate of the signal with a smart phone app or by using HDHR's solution as it's arriving:

(Windows)
C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun/hdhomerun_config_gui.exe
(frankly the smart phone app is way more informative and much easier to carry up on the roof than your PC - when you need/want to make antennae adjustments).

KTLA broadcasts 1080i. As far as I've noticed in SoCal, all local broadcast stations are using 1080i for their HD feeds, except for KABC (7) which is 720p.

Looking at the last 4 shows I recorded from KTLA, my bitrates were between 7–9Mbps, with the average seeming to be more like 8–8.5Mbps.

(However, there may be some difference between what you experience and what I get, since my KTLA feed is from cable. However, in most situations the cable company tends to pass the feed through unmolested. So, I believe this is probably pretty close to what you may experience.)

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I got what I needed. When watching in the Web UI it shows 1080i. The view details of the recording shows this:

TV/KTLA 5 Morning News at 9am/KTLA 5 Morning News at 9am 2019-02-07 2019-02-07-0911.mpg

Duration
13 min

Bit Rate
13,213,054 bits/sec

File Size
1,266,679,808 bytes

Track #0: MPEG-2 video
1920x1080 16:9 yuv420p interlaced

Track #1: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
5.1(side) eng 384kbps

Track #2: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
stereo spa 192kbps