Passes (Date)

Windows Server.

Under Passes, they can be sorted by date which appears to be the date the pass was added to the list. This is of some (but limited) use.

What would be more useful would be to show and sort on the date the pass was last used. This would make it a lot easier to clean out obsolete entries once in a while.

I also have had some thoughts on this. Now that I’ve been using Channels for years my list of passes has gotten pretty long. Some are for sports championships that are “one and done” and others are shows that have been cancelled. As is we need to occasionally go in and clean these up from time to time. I wondered how hard it would be to allow a pass to delete itself if it hasn’t had any recordings in a long time. Could make it two years or something. Probably would want that off by default but there may be some cases (like short sports series, etc) where that would be handy.

1 Like

I record lots of shows and will view at a later date. I really like the season pass method. I normally only record new episodes so there are a number of passes that are of no value since the shows are no longer produced and only reruns exist.

I agree that it would be nice to see when the last time a pass recorded something.
For a one off, mini-series, multi-part documentary, a missing episode, etc. passes I'm prefixing the pass name with -1time- for easier visibility.
-1time-Pass Name
These appear at the top of the list when sorted by name.

Like this one where these 3 episodes never seem to air.
-1time-Gilligan's Island need 3eps 1-15,1-30,1-31