Pause and stutter on Sony Android tv

I have an issue with pausing, circle spinning around, and stuttering/lagging on my Sony TV with built in Android TV. Once it starts on a show it's almost impossible to get it to stop. At the time it starts, I'm usually fast forwarding, and the show was recorded very recently.

I don't seem to have the issue on my two Nvidia shields. One is wired 1 Gb and one is wireless.

The Sony TV is wired (have also tried wireless).

Server is on an older windows 10, 6 core amd 8 GB of memory. Dvr drive is a WD Red 4Tb 5400 drive.

Speed test from the DVR server to my Sony TV Android TV (100Gb connection) says download 100.02, latency 7.82, Jitter 2.14.

If you go to the Player Settings tab and click Submit Diagnostics I can check to see what's going on.

Done last night.

Thanks. Can you try to turn off the Surround Sound option on the player tab and see if that helps?

I did this and resubmitted the other night. Same issue.

any fix for this?? I'm having the same issue

I finally broke down and bought an Nvidia shield. I'm thinking that Sony put in an underpowered processor or not enough memory. That's my experience anyway. (2016 A1E)

I am having the same stutter issue on Sony Android TV (two different models) and Fire TVs (regular and 4K.

Same HDHomeRun Prime streams using the HDHomeRun app are generally solid on the same network--not nearly as bad as the stutter/locking up of the picture as the Channels app. Some devices are on gigabit Ethernet, others are on 5GHz wifi. Only the Channels App on the same devices has the stutter.

I'm having the same issue on 720p channels. It also seems to stop if I rewind it 10 seconds.

Still no fix.... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: