Pay for TV and Channels DVR - Why?

My original plan with Channels was to cancel the streaming TV service until I realized I could leverage TV Everywhere to get around sports blackouts that were preventing me from watching games. As long as that loophole exists, I will pay for my streaming service. Whenever that loophole is closed, bye bye subscription.

Never had a Tivo, etc., dedicated box for DVR. Have run a Synology NAS product as media server and currently run the Channels on that and utilize Locast. I can get antenna reception where I'm at, but the reception isn't always good. Been loving this set-up thus far...have to make more time to watch TV!

I currently pay $40 for FIOS (100 Mbs), Channels + Locast so I'm about $53 a month.

Ditto.

Furthermore, in addition to my HDHR OTA receiver, I bought the HDHR CableCard receiver to record CATV content. I find the streams from the HDHR-CC look MUCH better than the same thing from TVE. Also, in my area Comcast gives me the first CableCard for free and, with ChannelsDVR, I don't need to rent any boxes from them, so the HDHR-CC paid for itself in about 10 months.

Because its not JUST the best DVR out there. It's the most feature rich (TV Everywhere support alone) and user friendly. Coming from software support myself, the backend is legendary, the UI features and logging visibility is the gold standard, and their effort to support you/us on these forums is nothing short of amazing.

Compared to Tivo, channels is operating in the year 2030.

@tmm1 my monthly fee is worth every penny.

Wife approved and husband amazed...***drops mic

2 Likes