PBS Coming to the Local Now App

Wonder what this means for the return of PBS to TV Everywhere? I played around with the website a bit and it does not require any login or authorization.

2 Likes

The only way for PBS to be on TVE is for them to pay to participate in the program. Seems unlikely. Someone may write an app to pull in content from their site, but for now we are suck with antennas. PBS should be looking for ways to expand their reach, but they are not, along with much of the industry. Big mistake IMO.

Sort of... if they just post the .m3u feeds to this service, I see it being added just like the various regional CBS stations we get with TVE.

It could also be the case that the PBS streams are DRM like they are now and the Local Now app will handle it, much like the player in the browser does when you stream from their websites.

They could, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. The beauty of Channels is that it’s open enough for us to find another way.

See:

Try this for PBS:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.