PBS wrong channel stream?

There should be Eric Clapton concert on 6005 however some cartoon is broadcasting. Location is Southern California PBS Socal is 6004 and it’s correct, not sure what are other station suppose to be because they have all PBS logo, although 6005 has blue letters.

Could be many reasons.
PBS broadcast it OTA but didn't stream it.
Guide data wrong.
You're receiving the wrong PBS stations (detected with geo-location).

Does the channel logo on the Live TV feed match the call sign for it in the channel editor?

Searching by State

only shows 2 PBS station in LA, PBS Socal(KOCE) and KLCS
I don't think KCET streams live

I have 6005 KLCS however logo in channel guide is just PBS with blue letters.
6004 is SoCAL and 6006 is KVCR.

Was talking about the channel logo on the live feed (usually at bottom left or right of screen) while you're watching the channel.
channel logo

That what I said - SoCal KLCS KVCR

Well, the issue is that there are several different PBS stations in SoCal. And in fact, KOCE is literally branded as “PBS SoCal”. Those three stations are coming from quite different places:

• KLCS – Los Angeles
  • KOCE – Orange County (and is now tied/sister station with KCET, which used to be independent, and recently became a PBS affiliate once again)
  • KVCR – San Bernardino

Which PBS stations you get offered comes from geolocation from the PBS website. However, tracking this problem might be an issue, because @beyo77 is using VPN/DNS methods to spoof location and circumvent geo-restrictions. PBS might not have issues serving content outside the US, but TVE is not designated to be served outside the US.

PBS accept donations from all around the world so they have no issues with my money :slight_smile: Americans complicates things for themselves with all these affiliates and markets stuff.
Next time I see discrepancy in the guide I first check what is broadcasted inside PBS app, maybe this will help me track the issue,

As a side note circumventing is good because inside YTTV I get also two PBS station from Miami :slight_smile: It would be nice to get PBS America in Channels but for now on-demand content in my5 will work,

And because nobody lives forever I cannot wait eternity for European operators to implement TVE. The only TVE implemented in Europe is HBO but instead relying on Adobe platform HBO built this itself :upside_down_face:

I'm having the same problem here in New Hampshire. We have several PBS stations in range, but starting last Friday, it didn't matter which station you selected you would get the first PBS in the lineup. The banner at the bottom of the screen was correct.

This seems to be a problem with the Beta 104.17.51. I installed the Alpha version 11.1.1914 which works properly.

I sent a more detailed report to their "support" email.