PDA diversion

That's too funny. I resell(sold) for ProClip, and was all over that site making holsters with them for everyone with a pda phone when nobody would make injection molded ones. Then Seidio (who shot me down originally) probably saw how much business they were losing and shut that down. I still have my kyo 6035, Sammy i500, and Treo 500 for nostalgic purposes.

And I think you'll be getting an invite soon for the beta. Fingers crossed.

Still use proclip mounts in my vehicles!

I remember ProClips! The iPhone is what really killed PDAPhoneHome. Traffic just tanked. I eventually sold the site which rebranded it to SmartphoneForums, a domain I had obtained when I merged that site in, and then they let it turn to a SPAMfest. I still have about a dozen old classic PDAPhones. I think XDADevelopers is the only forum from that era that survived. And most people don’t even know what the XDA was. :sunglasses:

You guys want a real blast from the PDA past? I used to work for PocketMail.

1 Like

Palm was so close at the time. If MS and Palm didn't have legacy OS's to deal with, Apple would never have gotten the jump. It's not like Apple invented the capacitive screen. Everyone was set to jump on that tech, and I remember seeing the pre Webos Palm upgrade that never made it to market. Would've been interesting to see Palm stay in the game pre Webos.

That's a shame how the site went downhill. People only knew about XDA if they rooted their devices. Otherwise, the masses knew nothing about it.

And still waiting for the beta... Sigh.

I remember Pocket Mail. Not sure I used it. I remember plowing through a few different mail programs back then.

1 Like

If yall want to have a nostalgia chat on past work places and PDAs...take it to DM.
None of that has anything to do with how to fix or deal with Corrupt OTA stream on the TS4K that is a sticky thread.
(I don't mind the occasional minor couple post deviation from thread topic, but, this is getting to be a many post, conversation.)

1 Like

PocketMail featured an acoustic modem built into PDAs from JVC, Sharp — one of them looked like the Sharp Wizard — and PocketMail's own brand, as well as attachments for the Palm III and Palm V.

Good point, @speedingcheetah.

Gotcha! Forgive our diversion. If a mod can grab those posts and move them to another thread, that would be great. Not sure if that is possible here.

1 Like