Picture Freezes

I wish SiliconDust would admit when they have a problem. I’m sure they see a lot of issues and probably the vast majority are enduser issues that when the issue is the HDHR they have a hard time admitting it. I pulled the full diagnostics from my switch watched the errors roll in from the HDHR port. I tried every settings but the errors would not stop. Surprisingly the only two ports that had errors logged were the two ports the HDDR was plugged into. Anyway, I made a support ticket and hopefully they will help me. I had the Network Admin from the State of Minnesota Colleges help me. (I was in deeper than my skill level so I was happy for the help.)

Sorry I missed this. Yes, it happens with just their app.

Wow. Glad you were able to capture some real data. If you don't hear back on your ticket in a few days let me know and I can try to push it up.

Good luck getting SD to listen. When I had a support ticket, they silently closed it and refused to respond to my emails for nearly 3 months, despite me regularly sending network data and captures.

In any case, I wish you luck!

Let me guess, this issue almost exclusively happens in channels in the 450-650ish MHz range? My hdhr5-4k pixelates bad in that range even though it’s on the same antenna and network feed as my Quattro. The Quattro has no problems solid as a rockwith all channels. I ended up hiding those channels on the 4k and still hidden today. Could never figure it out Good news is no problems with atsc3 channels in that band. Please keep us posted on this.

Sheldon. Found a new tip on AVS forum. Kind of counterintuitive but they suggested isolating the HDHR on its own switch. This has helped my performance. I dunno if it isolates all those errors it is throwing on the switch?

Solved!
Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate you.
I tried all your recommendations but nothing seemed to help until I figured out how to read the statistics on my managed switch. It showed massive Ethernet errors coming from my HDHomeRun. My switch was running for nearly three years and only one port reported issues. (Guess which port…) Once I sent that report to SiliconDust they sent me a new HDHomeRun at no cost and I mailed the bad one back to them for them to diagnose. It now works perfectly as advertised and my wife and I are so happy. After going through this I can see why SiliconDust was unsure the problem was theirs. There are so many variables and things going on that could cause or contribute to the issue. I tried three different antennas and two different locations, replaced the coax cables from the antenna and even the inside cabling. I tried three different splitters, no splitters, two different

attenuators, I even tried the SiliconDust LTE filter. Three different switches including isolating them, and manually configured the port every possible setting including Auto, 100 full duplex, 100 half duplex, jumbo packets on and off, flow control on and off and replaced countless Ethernet cables to mention only a few things I tried. Anyway, I’m glad it is working now. I should add that SiliconDust called me afterwards to tell me they had shipped a new unit to me and apologized for some slow response times as they were in the process of moving some offices. So thank you everyone. Have a great day!

2 Likes