Pinchflat: Your next YouTube media manager

What it does

Pinchflat is a self-hosted app for downloading YouTube content built using yt-dlp. It's designed to be lightweight, self-contained, and easy to use. You set up rules for how to download content from YouTube channels or playlists and it'll do the rest, checking periodically for new content. It's perfect for people who want to download content for use in with a media center app (Plex, Jellyfin, Kodi) or for those who want to archive media!

It's not great for downloading one-off videos - it's built to download large amounts of content and keep it up to date. It's also not meant for consuming content in-app - Pinchflat downloads content to disk where you can then watch it with a media center app or VLC.

8 Likes

Very cool... trying it out!

Thank you for posting this. I've been using MediaHuman but now I can use pinchflat in a container on my NAS instead of running MediaHuman on my mac. Way better user interface.

1 Like

I've been using pinchflat for a little while now and I love it.

Combined with @Maddox 's YouTube thumbnail script it integrates YouTube videos with ChannelsDVR seamlessly.

Personal Sections and inclusion of Video Groups in Up Next make it even better.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Pinchflat: YouTube media manager issue

Thanks, Works great!
Now that I have my issue fixed.

Working great for downloading videos from my channels.
I was surprised to see this has options for downloading/embedding Subtitles, Thumbnails, Metadata, NFO files and Series Images.
Has anyone tried those options?