I wrote up a script to easily update an entire Video group full of YouTube videos in order to apply the original YouTube thumbnail to them. It written in Ruby, but could be easily ported to anything else.
This is a script to process YouTube videos on Channels DVR Server to apply a nicer thumbnail.
This assumes the YouTube ID and Original Date is in the
EpisodeTitle of the video. IE,
Name of Video_(2022-01-06)_[akZxhhcwkR4]. This should be the case if the filename is
Name of Video_(2022-01-06)_[akZxhhcwkR4].EXT in order to derive the video title from the filename when importing.
When running this script, it will process every video in the video group. It will:
- Pull the YouTube id from the title
- Pull the Publishing date from the title
- Use it to generate the thumbnail url
- Use the new thumbnail url for the video
- Use the Original Air Date from the title to set the date in its metadata
- Update the EpisodeTitle to remove the YouTube ID and Date