PIP - Can’t Bring up 2nd Video Feed

I have no problem accessing the PIP feature on Apple TV, but I can’t figure out how to bring up a second channel to view while the one I was watching is minimized in the corner.

Example: I’m watching Channel 4 and select the PIP icon. It minimizes Channel 4 into the corner and backs me out to the guide to select another channel to view. When I select another channel to view, it changes the channel that is minimized in the corner.

How do I keep Channel 4 minimized in the corner and playing while watching another channel in full screen?

You don't. The PiP feature is to put Channels' video player into a small window while you do other things. It does not allow for you to have 2 separate video feeds from the same app.

1 Like

How do you use PIP? I can’t figure it out.

The second feed will be from another app eg. Apple TV.

So once you have the PIP window up on Apple TV, how do you switch back to full screen playback. Is there a shortcut? Do I have to go back into settings to disable?

Press the TV/Home button on your Siri remote.

Ah, I'm using a 'One for All' aftermarket streamer remote with ATV, which does not have that button programmed. Need to see if I can program that as I never use it. Thanks

The Siri 'Home' button does not appear to be learnable on a universal remote. So, looks like I have to use either the Siri remote or the remote app on my iPhone if I want to fully use the PIP function.

You can click the same channel twice, use P as a hot key, or remap F1-F4 to toggle PIP now. See the release notes on the latest Apple TV App Store build.