PIP on tvOS 15

Hi, I turned the PIP feature on having not used it before, I'm running tvOS 15. It works great within the app, really nice, but when I press Home and go back to the tvOS Home Screen, the sound continues, but after a second or two the PIP video stops and appears to "judder" between a couple of frames. If you go back into Channels, the PIP video starts working again.

Any ideas?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Change Settings > Playback > Advanced > Video Driver: Experimental

Thanks, I’ll give that a try later today.

I have the same issue, too.

It started when I upgraded to tvOS 15 RC but didn’t report it because it was beta. I was holding out until the stable release but there was no new tvOS released Monday.

I tried using both default and experimental video drivers on both stable and test flight builds.

Logs submitted. Let me know if I can provide any further information.

Thank you!

I was able to try the “experimental” video driver and after restarting the Channels app this feature seems to be working correctly now, thanks :blush:
Are there any downsides to running the “experimental” driver, other than a potential for it to be less stable I guess?

I am having issues with audio in tvOS15. The sound from the minimized window is getting combined with the sound from whatever is on main window, which makes it unintelligible. The minimized window used to mute when something else was playing in tvOS14. Is this expected behavior?