PIP Shield Remote using Button Mapper

@speedingcheetah

Hey I saw your other post in that other thread take a look at that guy screenshot and you see how it's got the grant volume long press key thing whatever the fuck did you accidentally press that

All i did was install the app, add a custom button, to remap the Netflix button to open Channels, and long press it, Emby. etc.

Never touched any of the other settings.
I was using the free app.

After a while, the volume press thing started happening, where i press the vol up or down on the Shield remote, or my usb media remote, and teh Shield acted like i was holding it down, or multi pressing it, making it max out up or down based on what vol button i was pressing.

Disabled Button Mappers accessibility permission option, which disables it, and no issue. Eventually removed the app.

Not really a big deal for me. but thought i'd mention it since the topic of that app came up.

Thanks for your response. I'm close but still not there. I was able to confirm on the shield a connection. However when I click on "grant write_secure" on button mapper I still don't get a connection. Does the shield have to connected to pc or does it connect on wifi?

I had a lot of trouble to. So I did the adb connect, ignored that connect button in the program, hit the grant button

Also, did you go to your device after you did the connect and authorize the connection?

yes I did hit the grant button. what do you mean hit the grant button?

what I mean is I did authorize on the shield

The one that says "grant write_secure"
It's successful when that option changes to 'revoke write_secure"

1 Like

I appreciate all your help but I'm just not able to configure. I'm connected to the shield and have authorized but when I go to configure in button mapper on shield and go to advanced v2 I get noting but the advanced setup screen. I guess I'll live with the PiP the way it is. again thanks for trying

So close I see...

The part in windows where you click the 'grant write_secure_settings' is not applying, and this is a connection issue.

You should see what the command "adb devices" reports
You should see your Shield
Then you can click the button for 'grant write_secure_settings"

ran "ads devices". Did not see my shield in "list of devices attached". Perplexed as to why.

so, i went ahead and redid my setup just to document it

Hey, Success!! I was not running cmd prompt as administrator. ugh. thanks so much for your help. Cheers.

1 Like

I honestly don't think it matters, Im not using admin either and it worked. It's just testy with the connection. The connect button in the app is useless.

This is an old chain and I had this working in the past, but I've since got a new Shield (2019 pro) and I can't get this to work anymore. Adb is connected, but Grant button doesn't do anything. Is this still working in 2023? I read that Button Remapper is an option, but to simulate the P key you need root