Pixelated and frozen picture

Hi watching the olympics last night, picture hiccuped and pixelated. I wrote it off to the network feed.

This morning however, the picture pixelated and then froze while the audio continued to stream. I changed the channel and then back and video picked right back up, so not a network feed.

Submitted video logs almost immediately after (approx 7:25am est). Please let me know if other info is needed to help diagnose bug.

Platform: nVidia Shield TV
Tuner: HDHomerun Prime (FIOS)
Ethernet: Wired Cat5E

I had the same issue with only on one channel (channel 8 xfinity). I made sure all my cables were tight and secured.
My set up is
Platform: nVidia Shield TV and Apple TV
Tuner: HDHomerun Prime (Xfinity)
Ethernet: Wired Cat5E

I have not noticed the issue however the past 2 days. Maybe the cable tightening helped?

According to the diagnostic logs, there was corruption in the video stream. I would recommend checking signal strength/quality and bitrate on your PRIME’s Tuner Status via http://my.hdhomerun.com

Will do, although I’ve always had 100% signal strength off my primes. If it’s not that, what else could/would produce a corruption with the stream? Anything network related? I’ll check signal off the primes first, but wanted to know what culprit to look for after that.

Thanks.

Try adding a couple of daisy chained splitters or attenuators to the coax line from the fios ont to the prime. In this area many fios installs have a signal that is too “hot” from the ont that overwhelms the tuners in the prime with strange symptoms like you describe.

1 Like

Will do. Thx for the tip

Indeed, my signal to the primes was running a little hot. I was getting +13-14 dB. I just had a new ONT installed a couple weeks back and didn’t think to remove my coax amplifier. Done that now and at signal is ~1 dB. Will see if that solves it.

1 Like