Pixelation only on Channels DVR

Either there is a recording issue, or a playback issue. If the recordings are messed up in VLC also, then its a recording issue. If they’re fine in VLC, but playback badly in our app, then it’s a playback issue. If it’s happening for live tv as well as recordings, then that suggests a playback issue.

The first step is to determine definitively whether the issue is on the recording side or the playback side.

It’s during playback and recordings (they playback play in VLC with the occasional stutter) but unwatchable in the app, I have also tried two different Android boxes (one an Amazon Fire)

I have the show being recorded in Plex and Channels DVR - so will see if there’s any differences tomorrow after work

I an using channels on amazon fire TV 4K. Wired gig network. Latest software and firmware on both fire tv and HDHomeRun Box. I am also a premium channels member. I have the same recording issue. It gets pixelated during playback. It happens both on OTA channels and premium channels during DVR playback. It seems to happen during the recording process because the pixelation is in the same spot when I rewind the show.

1 Like

Please check your DVR log at the time of the recording and see if there are any errors shown

Thought I'd just say that I've tried Channels DVR again but using the Shield TV (splashed out on one) as a client and a server and so far, so good!! Hopefully the old pixelation issue stays away as Channels DVR certainly has the best interface out there.

Hoping commercial skip works good here in the UK, it did on Plex, but is this a different implementation (i.e watching a show will it automatically jump to the end of the commercials, is it destructive like plex )

Many thanks