Play current channel while on grid

+1 have there been any developments on this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don't understand. I'm using iOS channels on my iPad. I'm playing a channel. I tried swiping down in the player but nothing happens for me. I don't see my favorite channels.

Can you elaborate?

Is there a list of shortcuts like this one for newbies?

I wasn't aware of the double clicking play button to return to previous channel either. Although I tried this in iOS and it doesn't seem to work. Do you need to be in ATV or FireTV and using remote to do this?

1 Like

I would 2nd most of what is being mentioned here. I would like to see something similar to this mockup but what I would think would be more practical, would be to put the currently playing program guide to the right of the playing video window and shrink the video to fit the space to the left of the guide (that is on the right). Make the guide take up about 15-20% of space on the right with only the currently playing show for each channel with small start and end times in the box with the title of the show if possible.

1 Like

Do the devs have an update on this? This is by far my most desired feature. It's almost the end of the year, and they indicated in January it was going to be worked on by the end of year.

4 Likes

Yes, this is what I've looking for too. Like windows media center had. with options to adjust how many grid line we can choose to show.

2 Likes

It would be nice if the quick guide could have the option to be in grid view with a choice to show 3,4 or 5 rows of the grid guide.

2 Likes

I'd be happy if the audio continued so my puppy dog can't hear the neighbors dog barking while I look at the guide.

2 Likes

You’d think this would be a given, since Channels has the best developers in the industry.

2 Likes

Getting access to the grid without loosing the buffer would be awesome. But also an option to "zoom" into the grid or increase the font size for increased readability from across the room would really help with adoptability.
Love this product!

1 Like

It’s not the complete grid but if you swipe down you’ll be able to see what’s currently on your favorite channels, I believe.

1 Like

I want just the opposite, smaller fonts because I'm using channels on a 120" projector!

1 Like

Agreed with the mockup shown above. I'm currently using a Tivo and considering switching to Channels with a Quattro tuner full time but losing the buffer whenever switching channels or going to the GRID has kept me on Tivo for now. I know I can see what is currently playing on other channels, but I'd like to be able to see what it coming up NEXT as well so placing even a few lines of the grid and allowing for scrolling would be a major improvement, especially if the reason to bring up the grid is to mark another show / future show for recording.

1 Like

We also recently switched from TiVo to Channels. I agree a server side buffer instead of/in addition to the local buffer would be nice, but Channels offers some other options too.

One option is to use your “second screen”, if you have iOS devices handy this can be a way to see what’s upcoming without changing what’s playing on the TV and disturbing the buffer. You can also play a show on the TV from the iOS app. If you just want to schedule recordings I’ve found the Web site easiest as it has more features. Both Channels’ iOS app and Web site are so much faster to use and less flaky than their TiVo counterparts.

1 Like

Thanks, but I choose to keep my phone, etc. AWAY from me when trying to watch television. I appreciate that there is a workaround, but would be nice to see this added to the app itself.

2 Likes

+1 on this request....would love to see this!

2 Likes

It's been 3.5 years that this feature had been requested. :laughing:

3 Likes

yep this is a good mix.

1 Like

I would suggest to everyone if you want this feature or any other feature, Don’t comment your reply with just a +1 but hit the like buttons and vote at the beginning of this forum.

1 Like

I not very knowledgeable on the programming required to add the live feed to the guide while browsing, but does anyone know if this is an iOS limitation or just a difficult task to program?

I know the developers operate on multiple platforms and wasn’t sure if this is an easy update for some platforms and not so easy for others.

2 Likes

+10