Play To not working

First @maddox I like the new iOS contextual menu with long press and putting back the short press for instant playing of the channel is nice.

When I hit “play to” on the contextual menu it doesn’t do anything?

Updated to latest prerelease on server, and latest TestFlight on both iOS and tvOS.

I verified that if I use the watch button by selecting a show, as usual I get an option to play on my Apple TV or local device. It’s worked that way for as long as I remember, as long as I had channels open on the Apple TV, it would prompt me.

Is “play to” the same thing, just a contextual shortcut in the menu, or is it supposed to do something else.

Happy to help figure out what’s going on.

Best

P.s. noobie question - is verify commercial the same as redetect commercial. I run commercial detection on all recordings automatically. I could never see a green verified banner on the web ui, so I don’t know what that means.

This should open a view showing TV shows for the channel, powered by the On Later stuff. Is it playing the channel for you when tapping the channel logo?

Weird. I would say this is because you have no devices available. But if you got prompted by using the old way, it seems like a bug.

This is using the EXACT same code, so I'm not sure why you'd have different experiences.

I just pushed up a new build that will hide the Play To button if you have no options to play to. See if the button is hidden for you in these cases. The build is still uploading and will be available soon.

The Verify Commercials action opens an editor that allows you to adjust where the commercial markers are. You then can mark it as verified and Channels trusts them a bit more.

This should open a view showing TV shows for the channel, powered by the On Later stuff. Is it playing the channel for you when tapping the channel logo?

No it’s giving on later which is perfect, I had a brain fart when I wrote my “praise” for you folks early this morning- not enough coffee. I was referring to the “watch instantly” button/behavior in the contextual menu that comes up with the long press. Nice.

Weird. I would say this is because you have no devices available. But if you got prompted by using the old way, it seems like a bug.

This is using the EXACT same code, so I'm not sure why you'd have different experiences.

I just pushed up a new build that will hide the Play To button if you have no options to play to. See if the button is hidden for you in these cases. The build is still uploading and will be available soon.

I just tried this. Made sure everything was up to date. I still see the Play To selection, but nothing happens.
Definitely made sure the test flight beta was open on Apple TV.

The Verify Commercials action opens an editor that allows you to adjust where the commercial markers are. You then can mark it as verified and Channels trusts them a bit more.

I’ve actually never seen or known there was a verify feature. I looked for it on the web interface in my library on some programs that had commercial detection, but couldnt find any menu item to verify in the web UI. I searched in the forum and there was an example of a program with a green verified symbol in the library, but couldn’t for the life of me find any editor. Of course I’m only on second cup of coffee now.

However, I can confirm I got to the verify editor on my iPad. I couldn’t figure out how to fine tune the commercial points vs just accept what is displayed by clicking on the previews. Is there a way to “jump” into the previews for more granularity - which would be really really cool.

Way back in the day I used to use eyetv on my Mac and you could zoom into and mark really exact endpoints and then even export a new “compacted” file.

From the show's page in the Library, look for the "Edit Commercials" option:

@maddox

Figured out what as going on with Play To.

In portrait mode I hit play to and there is no pop up. If I rotate my iPad to landscape the pop up appears. If I rotate back into portrait mode, the pop up disappears off screen.

Hope this helps. Love the feature! Keep up great work!

More info. On iPhone, it works in portrait. This is just on my IPad 10.5” iPad Pro with iPados15

1 Like

Weird! Ok I’ll check it out. I was only trying on the phone.