Playback gets stuck on some recordings

I wanted to share a recording that exhibits an issue that I and a few others have had with Discovery network family recordings via TVE. The symptom is that occasionally when trying to skip commercials it will get stuck and keep going back to the same spot over and over, you can’t advance past it. Backing out of the playback and restarting it is the workaround. I’m pretty confident this is an issue with how Discovery is doing commercials but I was hoping with a good example maybe the Devs can find a workaround for this issue.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/TUZgR3PKHlLSnbOkhPMQCCk6vxynXzVQdfIg0VZA3v7

Just playing through the troublesome commercial works too, and then you can skip after it has passed.

I have this issue come up once every couple of weeks. It does seem to be on Discovery recordings.

There are already several threads on this issue.

I realize that, but I started a new thread with the link to an example recording to give the Devs an opportunity to look at it and see if anything can be done to improve it. Not sure if they’ve ever been able to reproduce the issue or determine root cause.

Can you also email us the recording debug log for this recording

Done. Let me know if you need anything else.

This was fixed

1 Like