Playback of show being recorded stops and unable to resume

That will be my next step after all this. I asked them once before about that showing up in the log and they said not worry with it? So, I have ignored it as that shows up on those things all the time but I've not noticed any issues watching or recording until just recently but it has only been these few times. It could entirely my setup causing the issues. I am also wondering if the network hub that they are connect to is also a problem. I was just watching tv and the Apple TV said that the signal was lost. I looked at the HDHR and the red light for network was blinking red. I changed the ports and it started to work again, so I don't know. I'll order a new network hub.

All of your help is much appreciated.

This doesn't seem like a network issue. We're getting a full formed stream from the HDHR, its just missing the actual cable data.

1 Like

Could that be because of the OOB Lock? That goes from None to Success and it happens all ALL three devices.

Sounds plausible but I don't know how it works. If SiliconDust says thats normal then maybe it doesn't matter. My PRIME certainly doesn't do that.

Could be that Frontier fios is trying to update the firmware on your cable cards.
Looks like the one in the logs is at 06.25.
20200518-12:27:41 CableCARD: Arris/Motorola card (0000:0625)

You can view the version under CableCARD Menu->CableCARD Status.
Mine's at 07.17
FW* 07.17 E 05/01/18 10:39

My TiVo shows the same version as my PRIME devices. I am at a loss. I will contact Frontier tomorrow. I dread doing that because most of them do not know what the hell cablecards are.

You could check at dslreports.com, usually the cable techs hang out there

tmm1, all your help has been appreciated.

1 Like

I’ll reach out to them tomorrow.

@tmm1 - So here is an example of what happened tonight. Everything recorded that I had planned, I even show the error in the HDHR logs but everything recorded with the exception of the a program on A&E. I couldn't even start play back while it was recording on neither the web player or on my iPad. I went to see if I could watch it live via HDHR app and it loaded fine and started playing the program (not the file via that is being recorded.) What is so special about A&E not wanting to record properly?

TV\Accused Guilty or Innocent\Accused Guilty or Innocent S01E05 Deadly Driver or Tragic Accident 2020-05-19-2200.mpg

It shows unknown duration. Refreshing Meta Data did not help. Couldn't even play the file with another program. It file size was a whole 110mb.

I generated more logs just in case you can look at this and see if you can tell what happened?

7666a587-e6af-49c4-8610-202c9a6731e3.

I've set the program to rerecord at a later time and also set HDHR app to record it.