Playback stalls (UK + DVR tuner sharing)

Hi

With the latest update (not beta) I’m getting some pauses in audio and video playback.

Doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it.

I had an issue a while back with sound pauses for a split second but this is video too.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just to add, this only seems to be on the ATV app, iOS seems unaffected, and recordings are fine.

Does the problem go away if you change the “Tuner Sharing” option on the Settings tab to off?

Try the latest beta too

Thanks. Will give it a go later.

Can you send me an invite for the beta please?

Yes, it seems to be better with that option turned off :grin:

Hi

I’ve just tried the beta but I don’t think it has improved things. It seems better with ‘Tuner sharing’ off but when I switch it on, the stuttering returns.

I’ve just submitted logs, check around 19:06.

Seems worse on SD channels too, if that helps.

Thanks

Is your DVR wired or on wifi?

Wired gigabit from router to Mac Mini, Wi-fi to Apple TV.

When I had this problem before, I think it was related to the number of favourite channels I had - could that be the issue this time?

I’ve had good luck with using an unmanaged, gigabit switch between router and mac mini & HDHR tuner. My ATV is also on wi-fi.

This bug is specific to UK tuners and caused by the tuner sharing feature.

I’m experiencing this issue too in the United States using the latest stable version of Channels on an Apple TV 4 and an HDHomeRun PRIME.

There is no “tuner sharing” setting to toggle as far as I can see though.

Tuner sharing is only for DVR users.

There are no known issues with US tuners and stalls. If you’re having problems it usually means your network is not able to keep up with the large video stream from the HDHR. How is your atv connected to the network? Wifi, power line, Ethernet? What kind of router? For wifi we recommend 802.11ac.

Try the free app instatv to compare just to make sure.

It is connected via ethernet to an Apple Time Capsule.

It works fine in InstaTV.

Okay, I’m sending you a beta to try. Hit Submit Diagnostics at the bottom of the Settings tab in the beta app.

Are you using tvos 11 beta by any chance?

Only seems to be SD channels for me.

I’m not using ios11.