Playon Cloud Integration

I'm fairly new to the Channels DVR, but I just wanted to share how impressed I am with how innovative the team is regarding developing new features and product advancement. You guys look and see opportunities and then you go out and try and find solutions and then put them into place. It's that sort of drive to grow and expand your product which will make you a strong player in this market. I just want to say that I'm happy to have stumbled across you on a random search around raspberry pi DVR when working to find a replacement for TiVo. I've owned a TiVo since 2000 when I got my first Series 1. I never thought I would ditch them, but the more and more I use Channels and remove the headaches I've been having with Spectrum cable cards and tuning adapters, the more and more reasons I find to do just that. So kudos to the team! I just wanted to share and say good job!

4 Likes

I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of former TIvo users in the Channels user base. TivoCommunity has quite a few discussions about it.

I think what helps with these guys is that the developers use the product they are selling and so I think they develop things that meet their own requirements, and seem to love what they do. Take a look at the thread about CEC remote enhancements. In the matter of a few weeks, they worked with a few of us to build deep remote integration to a long list of remotes and make it amazing. These guys were sending updates and asking for feedback multiple times a day while they were working on it in beta. Then polished it up, wrote up documentation, and announced it.

3 Likes

That is really cool and really unique! I love to hear a company doing something like this. Even more of a fan now.

PlayOn integration is great. I don't like it mixed in with the recordings library. Could there be a added section in the navigation menu for either "Imports" or "PlayOn Recordings". It would be easier on the client to see what was sync from my cloud recordings.
thanks.

There’s no plans to differentiate recordings and imports in the library.