PlayOn Cloud Questions

• If I re-rerecord a video at a higher resolution, how do I download it? Will the PlayOn Cloud Source do this or must I do it manually?

• Is it best to have Play On Cloud do the commercial skipping or Channels?

You can tell PlayOn Cloud if you want to download at 720 for one credit or 1080 for 3 credits.

I tell PlayOn to skip commercials and it does quite well. There are little glitches that last 1 or 2 seconds surrounding commercial breaks.

Thank you Ken,

Is there a way for me to replace a recording that Channels already downloaded at 720 with one at 1080?

Morris

you should end up with both. just delete the one you don't want.

Great! Thank you Salreus,

Morris

Is there a way to re-download a PlayOn recording, one that's still in the cloud? I removed this recording from Channels DVR and would like it back now. I tried "Sync" from the gear menu, and also removing and re-adding the PlayOn Cloud account, but neither allowed me to re-download. Do I have to create a whole new recording from scratch?

If you log in at http://playonrecorder.com/list (yes, weird that the login works on a different domain), your downloads that are still available will be there for download. Note that the link only works on a computer and not mobile.

1 Like

Cool, thanks, that worked!

1 Like