Playon Cloud type integration with Stremium

One advantage is if you use spectrum. Stremium uses the tv feeds direct from spectrum, which are higher quality and more reliable as opposed to the tv everywhere feeds channels uses.

I use Spectrum and have no quality or reliability issues. I always thought cable feeds were more compressed, especially compared to OTA? So Stremium doesn't use TVE? When I used Stremium before they started charging for basic streaming, I thought they used TVE, just like Channels? Did they change? When I used it, the quality wasn't any better.

Stremium pulls channels in that TVE doesn’t. For instance Spectrum Sportsnet.

1 Like

Yes, stremium changed. They were tve but their implementation of it faced a legal threat so they stopped. Now at least for spectrum they use the internet streams that appear directly in the spectrum app, which are generally higher quality than tve.

1 Like

Do you know specifically what makes them higher quality? Is it simply they have less compression? Have you seen anyone compare the streams of the popular sports networks like ESPN and TNT?
I wonder if their implementation is like the way Channels does custom channels, or is it something completely different?

In my opinion it comes down to resolution and frames per second. The direct spectrum feed is generally 720 or 1080 at 60 fps. The tve feeds widely vary on that. In the case of espn I wouldn't notice a difference because their tve feed is 720p 60 fps. But if you watch tennis channel over tve...it's 720p 30 fps....it's noticably lower quality than the 1080 60fps feed direct from spectrum. Another difference is that the direct spectrum feeds are identical to the channel as you'd watch on a cable box. So no "well be right back screen" or weird commercial insertions that sometimes happen with tve. But I would say if the tve channel you are watching is 1080 or 720 60 you won't notice a quality difference. ( Even 1080 30fps looking a equivalent on content without lots of motion). If you are watching something that's 720p 30 on tve it's obvious the spectrum feed is better. I also find the spectrum feeds more reliable...tve websites have a habit of breaking or going down every so often ....the direct spectrum feeds generally don't.

1 Like

Curious how they do that? I'd love to do that with Channels.

I switched over to a PC running Kodi and Channels runs smooth as butter compared to my streaming devices and Channels app. Basketball and hockey especially.