PlayOn Desktop recording-Subtitles not shown

Usually when I import shows recorded via Playon Desktop, captions/subtitles work as expected after refreshing the metadata, however this time Captions are not showing on playback on Apple TV and Android (Stable or Beta).

On the Show page, the CC icon is displayed, and subtitle files are shown under View Details

Captions do display as expected if I play the mp4 in QuickTime or VLC.
I've re-refreshed metadata several times and tried toggling captions on/off and between Spanish and English with no change (no captions are displayed)

The only difference that I can see between this and other Playon Desktop recordings with working captions is a green Verified icon after refreshing metadata.

Any suggestions/did I miss something?

Please send us the recording: Dropbox - Submit files

Uploading now

FYI: This behavior was true for the entire season (10 episodes) not just the single file.

Edit: It has been stuck on "uploading file less than 1 minute left" for > 10 minutes now. Let me know if it didn't come thru and I'll try re-uploading.

1 Like

Potential workaround may be to extract the subtitles from the PlayOn file and save it as a SRT file via ffmpeg.

Example: ffmpeg -i <playonfile>.mp4 -y -map 0:1 <playonfile>.srt

Any updates on this?

I confirmed it's not working in Channels app. Not sure why yet.

I am having the same issue but with any file downloaded from Playon Desktop or Playon Home. Files work well with captions in the VLC player. Using AppleTV 4K. Captions are important for me, so this issue will be a show stopper if not corrected.

For me PlayOn captions are visible in the Fire TV client but not in the web UI. I have only tried Prime (Freevee and Acorn) shows, with captions turned on in the source.

This has been fixed in beta