Playon downloads don't show in library

Hi, I recently posted about a movie that disappeared from the library. At the time I searched the DVR movies folder and it wasn't there. Thought maybe it got accidentally deleted. Turns out it was a Playon Cloud download, and I found it in the Playon folder. But now it won't show in the library or guide under any category including Playon, although it did show up until recently. There are 7 Playon movies in the Playon server folder, and none show in the Library except one that was downloaded in the last 24 hours. How to get them to reintegrate into the listings prevent it from happening again? Thanks for any suggestions.

Did you add your PlayOn Cloud as a Source? It's under Sources > Personal Media > Add Source - Playon Cloud.

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, Playon Cloud is one of my sources under personal media. The weird thing to me is that the downloads do show in the library movie list for a while--not but then they drop out. I keep wondering what controls the timing of when they disappear. Not running out of storage space, but just don't know what else to check.

1 Like

Do you see anything in the Logs that might suggest what is happening? Support > Logs

The log only goes back to 2/15, which is after the latest movie disappeared from the library.

Unless you've cleared them, the logs themselves actually go back to the first startup of the DVR server. However, what is shown in the DVR web UI is limited.

To view more in the web UI, append ?n=5000 (or however many lines you wish to see) to the end of the URL. Or you can see the log itself in your Channels data folder as channels-dvr.log.

I downloaded a movie this week so will monitor to see if/when the same thing happens and look in the log. Thanks.

Sorry I'm not quite sure how to do that... in the DVR folder tho, is it the recording logs?

Looking in the log but don't really know what I'm looking for--I am pretty sure it happened between 10 and 26 days ago but nothing jumps out to me.

I had the same thing happen. Could not get them to show up in library,

I moved all the lost movies to a folder called C:\Messed Up\Movies

I then added that folder under "Personal Media -> Movies" and did a "Scan Personal Media". I now have them back.

I have no idea how or when they went away, but everything else I tried to get them to reappear failed.

I'm doing that too. Is it all your Playon recordings or just some? I only have a handful but they all disappeared after a while (? how long). Now they show up in the library just fine after moving out of the Playon folder.

Only some of them.