Playon Independence Day Sale

PlayOn Home is available for 17.76 bucks for the year and PlayOn Cloud is 1776 credits available for 177.60 bucks

So I have been thinking about this but not sure if I can use Home since I use a Mac server. Can I get the subscription and use Channels to control and record from it? Or would I need the cloud?

Channels can only download from PlayOn Cloud. You would have to use PlayOn's software in order to get stuff with PlayOn Home

I think PlayOn Home is stable on Windows so I would just recommend Cloud to everyone else

Assuming PlayOn Home works on Mac, you would have to either manually move the files to Channels or come up with some kind of clever way to automate it. It's my feeling that Channels doesn't recognize the ad chapters as well with Home recordings, though, and honestly, Home seems to have more troubles than it's worth, especially if you care about subtitles. If I really care about a recording, I'll use Cloud and avoid the headaches.

I do have another options for Playon home.
If you are on one machine that runs channels, you could map a folder for the Playon home machine to record to by default.
When you tell it to record shows, it puts it in a special directory on channels server.
Add the directory as part of th elibrary in channels and recordings will record and import into channels.

I wish #playonrhome would be available on iOS or osx :man_shrugging:t2: why only Windows :man_facepalming:t2:

I suspect the devs at Playon are able to mak it work under Windows.
Great for older computers.