Please Bring Themes To Channels DVR

I would love to see themes finally come to Channels like Plex, Tivimate and many others have. Just seems like a feature that is way overdue. I liked the carbon theme mod that was posted myself and have used that theme in the past but you have to side load it and update it manually which is a big pain. So could you please, please, PLEASE, bring native theme options to Channels! :pray:

2 Likes

I second this request. I would love to see something as simple as a light and dark theme option.

1 Like

Search these forms.... there are many threads and existing Feature Requests for it, or for options to change the color of the app etc. going back years.

IF you use Android based clients, you can sideload the modded Carbon version of Channels, that is a dark based themed version.

With OLED (and even Mini-LED) having a black theme would truly make Channels pop and look sleek on modern tvs.

1 Like

Yeah I have used that theme as I stated in my post but it has a few problems using it. First, you have to side load it. Second, you have to redownload and update it yourself. And third, it isn't updated to very often and can be way behind the official version. Plus you are side loading an unofficial apk and there is always a chance when you do that it could come with bits of code that you really don't want. Definitely not saying that it ever has but it's always a risk when side loading a modded APK like that. It's why I said it would be a really great thing to just officially have it built in to the app. Plus people that use Channels on other platforms would be able to have access to themes too.

I would love to see a theme that makes selections more obvious. Like those times when you have two option buttons (a toggle basically), one that's light purple and another that's dark purple - at least I have a 50/50 chance of determining which one is selected. That design has room for improvement.

What happened to the good old days when a selected button had a yellow halo around it.