Plex Live TV Channels M3U?

Yes, I'm running clamav. Glad to hear it may be a false positive.
Update: Looks like clamav has updated their virus signature file and the false positive as been resolved!

1 Like

Can someone help me with this? I installed docker VM (with Docker Toolbox) and have the container running. I cannot connect via my browser though and it appears like the container is constantly restarting if I run docker ps. I have pluto docker up now so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on this plex one. Thanks.

What was the command used to start the docker? Looks like there is an error in the arguments so need some additional information

I've tried a couple different ones. The last was:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 8183:7777 -e PLEX_CODE=us_east --name plex-for-channels ghcr.io/jgomez177/plex-for-channels

also tried:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 8183:7777 --name plex-for-channels ghcr.io/jgomez177/plex-for-channels

2 Likes

I assume you've pulled the latest version, so only thing I can think of is the processor type. What is the processor type you are running on? Is it arm based?

Actually I do see one of the error handling in the script but looks like you are having an issue reaching the plex api url. Let me fix the error handling to be able to better see the error you are hitting

The docker is running in a virtualbox virtual machine created by Docker Toolbox. The host PC uses the Intel 1037u processor. Am I answering the what you're asking? I don't understand all this really but the pluto one seems to be okay (?).

Please pull the latest version and try again.
While this may not resolve the issue I can get a better feel of what is happing with the logs instead of the script crashing

okay. here is the log for that version. thanks for your help.

messaged you directly to troubleshoot

I upgraded back to 1.08 after going back to 1.06... however, with 1.08 my NAS never downloads guide information. It just stays blank. It only seems to work when I'm on 1.06.

Would need logs to diagnose

1 Like

Here you go - I have data appearing in my guide only from 8pm-11pm now. Nothing for now through 8pm.

Initialize XML File,
Run channels to load self.channel_list,
New token for local generated at 2024-03-19 18:55.51 +0000,
Day One Initialization of EPG data,
Retrieving local EPG data for 2024-03-19 through 2024-03-19,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 66.45 seconds. 150 Channels parsed,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 138.74 seconds. 300 Channels parsed. Please wait,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 205.40 seconds. 450 Channels parsed,
Retrieving local EPG data complete. Elapsed time: 240.22 seconds. 538 Channels parsed.,
⇨ http server started on [::]:5555,
Retrieving local EPG data for 2024-03-20 through 2024-03-20,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 36.02 seconds. 150 Channels parsed,
(None, 'HTTP failure 429: {"Error":{"error":"Too Many Requests","message":"Rate limit exceeded!","statusCode":429}}'),
Retrieving local EPG data for 2024-03-20 through 2024-03-20,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 21.02 seconds. 150 Channels parsed,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 54.06 seconds. 300 Channels parsed. Please wait,
Continuing to retrive local EPG data....Elapsed time: 90.34 seconds. 450 Channels parsed,
Retrieving local EPG data complete. Elapsed time: 106.66 seconds. 538 Channels parsed.,

1 Like

I'm seeing the same issue as @radioboy in v1.08a. v1.08 seems to be working for me, though, as did v1.06. Logs didn't really say much other than the usual retrieving local EPG data. Basically, the XML only had a very tiny amount of guide data, even though it took all the usual times to retrieve.

Docker run for reference:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 7971:7777 --name plex-for-channels -e PLEX_CODE=local ghcr.io/jgomez177/plex-for-channels:latest
1 Like

The only difference between 1.08a and 1.08 was a correction on an error handling case where I didn't have the correct arguments so should be no difference in the EPG data if pulled without an error, however will investigate

Think I found the issue (incorrect indentation was introduced in 1.08a)
Should be corrected

1 Like

Thank you @joagomez for this solution....totally resolved the majority of my plex issues. I do have two questions regarding guide data and automatic channels.

1. Guide data - I find for the most part the guide data matches what is playing on the plex app, except for a few channels - but I'm guessing that's a plex thing more than a Channels/Gracenote thing ??. Whatever Channels guide info shows for a channel(s) is seemingly in sync with plex.tv - but what is showing on the Plex app might be different.

2. Automatic channels - The automatic channels feature doesn't see to work with the Docker solution. I can switch back to non-Docker - "i.mjh.nz - problem" configuration and automatic channels pop in.

The Docker M3U doesn't seem to matter - /plex/local/playlist.m3u or /mjh_compatible/plex/local/playlist.m3u (currently using) or either of the Gracenote include/exclude - none of these work with automatic channels.

2 Likes

Can you provide examples?

With regard to item 1.
All EPG data for the XML is pulled directly from the API calls, not Channels or Gracenote, so would normally be the same as what is presented in the web browser. The only time there may be a difference is if Plex updated their data after being pulled within the docker. To counter that I have the docker update on a given interval (currently set to 4 hours) to ensure the data is relatively current

With regard to item 2.
I do not see an issue with automatic channels. However this may be how you have your automatic channels set up and what Plex identifies as the category

To confirm I just tested several Automatic collections using the Following:
Music, Movies, Sports, and I created for "History + Science"
All worked as expected. For example the EPG data

<programme channel="5e20b730f2f8d5003d739db7-64106a1075be345a863fe0d7" start="20240325161500 +0000" stop="20240325170700 +0000">
    <title>Fifth Gear</title>
    <sub-title>Fifth Gear</sub-title>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">S26E06</episode-num>
    <desc>The team investigate car culture in Romania, testing extreme off-road vehicles in its countryside and ski resorts and meeting a classic car restorer in Bucharest.</desc>
    <icon src="https://metadata-static.plex.tv/7/gracenote/76af0884763033d445dff30abc917e29.jpg" />
    <date>20150806</date>
    <category>Auto</category>
    <category>Consumer</category>
    <category>Documentary</category>
    <category>Lifestyle</category>
    <category>History + Science</category>
  </programme>

Matched the 'History + Science' automatic channel

Keep in mind these are the categories presented by the Plex API so may not be what you are expecting

Thank you...I have re-tested and I do see automatic channels working - seems to make a difference which M3U is referenced from the Docker:

Automatic channels work:
/mjh_compatible/plex/local/playlist.m3u
/plex/epg/local/epg-local.xml

No automatic channels:
/plex/local/playlist.m3u - no automatic channels
/plex/epg/local/epg-local.xml

Thank you for your help!!!!

Again, I cannot reproduce the issue you are having and there is not a difference in how channels would work with one playlist over another.

All automatic channels I have created using Genre, Keyword and Content Type work mostly as I would expect them to and finding matches to the automatic channels. That said I did find a discrepancy when doing my testing...

Example 1:

Example 2:

These examples clearly list different items because of the data in the XML provided.

Looking at one entry on HBCUGO this entry appears in Example 1 but not Example 2

<programme channel="5e20b730f2f8d5003d739db7-631a212e82b744e0309aa56e" start="20240403140000 +0000" stop="20240403160000 +0000">
    <title>Women's College Basketball</title>
    <sub-title>Kentucky State at Tuskegee</sub-title>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">2024-01-13</episode-num>
    <desc>From James Center Arena in Tuskegee, Ala.</desc>
    <icon src="https://metadata-static.plex.tv/d/gracenote/d3db815d774734aa647036d425f71e66.jpg" />
    <date>20240113</date>
    <category>Basketball</category>
    <category>Sports event</category>
    <category>Sports</category>
  </programme>

I can only assume that the second example didn't match as it looks at the first listed category which is Baskeball in the example above (and I can get it to match when I use genre of Basketball, but not Sports event, or Sports). However this logic to check all is in the Content Type. (@tmm1 is my understanding correct here and can this be adjusted to match any category listed in a programme?)

Please provide an example of the automatic channel you are using along with example of what is "working" and what isn't

1 Like