Pluto 007 Channel

I'm using Maddox's Pluto Docker for windows and just made sure I was using the latest container.

Did Pluto drop the 007/James Bond channel? I'm not seeing it anymore.

Looks like it was removed ~ 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, confirmed, that channel comes and goes. Right now it's gone.

May not be coming back. Seems like I read recently that Amazon bought the rights to MGM movies which includes all Bond movies.

Not just the rights, Amazon is in the process of buying all of MGM, its studios, and IP. Even though the deal has not closed yet (going through regulatory hurdles), the two are seemingly acting in sync and causing trouble elsewhere. For instance:

TL;DR, MGM owns the rights to the show (and all Silence of the Lambs related properties) and is suddenly playing hardball even after CBSParamount agreed to almost everything they asked for. Most likely they are preparing to find a way to move everything to Amazon.

There are a ton of per-existing carriage deals out there that will makes movies like the Bond franchise ding dong around for a while yet, but they'll eventually settle into their permanent Amazon home. We've seen that same issue with Disney+ where they don't have certain movies and shows because the rights have not reverted back to them yet, but once they do they are not going out again barring a massive change in strategy!

Another reason that these mergers shouldn't be allowed. Another monopoly on the rise.

1 Like

Yay! Looks like the Bond Channel is back! :slight_smile:

Indeed it is. With that said, though my Pluto EPG proceess had the data, I needed to force Channels to reload the M3U (to add the channel) and then force reload the EPG (to get the schedule) and then force quit the Apple TV app to recognize the new channel.