Pluto and Plex channels not updating

I added Pluto and Plex channels through m3u8 and xml custom channels. They work ok with some channels working one minute and then stopping. The biggest issue is I have is guide data failing to update and loosing recordings. Is there a certain time or a setting I am missing to get the guide data for both to stay up to date and not missing the refresh or something? They are both set to every 3 hours and refresh daily.

Where are you getting your M3U and XML from ? Maddox Docker for Pluto works perfectly.

1 Like

From the index site. Not running a docker. Just inputting them manually

I will say my hdhr and philo all load just fine. But at least twice a day I have to re add the Plex and Pluto address and xml just to get them to work.

Just use this for Pluto. No docker needed. It works very well.

1 Like

Well I used it and so far no problems with being able to watch it. The guide data isn't the clearest but it does work better than the other m3u and xml I tried. I do have one question. When editing the channel line up, what is the pencil on the right hand side for? Is it suppose to do anything?

It’s for assigning guide data if Gracenote has guide data for a particular channel. This would not be useful for Pluto channels as they don’t have guide data for Pluto. They have data for ota and cable type channels. Guide data for Pluto is supplied by the xmltv guide data url

https://nocords.xyz/pluto/epg.xml

Ok. That makes since. I apologies. I am an idiot and still trying to wrap my head around all of this. Its all new to me. I appreciate the help.